The MiniKappa, MK3, is an easy to mount/dismount goniometer head which offers an additional kappa and phi axis. This gives numerous possibilities of crystal re-orientation in a fast and easy way.
Together with the software package STAC the MK3 allows setting up crystal alignment strategies which lead to more efficient x-ray data collection (Brockhauser, 2013).
See video here
- Rotational precision: ±0.05°
- Travel Range: 0 to 255°
- Resolution: 0.35 mdeg
- Rotational precision: ±0.09°
- Travel range: 360° (no limitation)
- Resolution: 1.41 mdeg
(Χ) Chi axis:
- Travel Range: 0 to 48°. Value depends of the kappa-axis' position.
Easy & safe sample change
- Compatible with sample changer robot
- Adapted to vial or gripper based transfer
- Collision safe system
(2017) J Synchrotron Radiat.; 24(Pt 1): 323–332. "P13, the EMBL macromolecular crystallography beamline at the low-emittance PETRA III ring for high- and low-energy phasing with variable beam focusing"